Thursday, September 6, 2007

Flash!!!! Ahhh Ahhhh Worst show on television. Pt 1


When I was a kid there were a handful of movies that have sent me on the road to becoming a filmmaker/actor. Superman, the Star Wars trilogy and the little sleeper movie Flash Gordon circa 1980. When the Sci-fi channel announced that they were revamping flash gordon, I was excited. and then.....my seventh sense (able to sense a bad show or movie) kicked in and I tried to fight it. then I started to see pictures on the set and then when I saw who they chose to play Ming the Merciless (and yes he is the merciless) I ignored my seventh sense. No disrespect to the actor playing (hey any work is good work) but dammit where's Max Von Sydow? Even then I said to myself just wait until it plays and give it shot. So I set my dvr to record it and then i watched it.... This show is ultimatly the worst science fiction show I have ever stomached. I'll write more later as I am packing in preperation to drive down to LA but I promise to give a detailed reason as to my displeasure.

Lj

1 comment:

Sheldon said...

Yeah man I've seen it and agree with you, it howls... I must be getting old but I do remember a quaint little show called... Sliders... Flash, talk about rip off. Blah LOL
I mean I am a fan of the concept of Flash and where is his wonderful rocket ship? he needs a space ship dam it! I refuse to watch it anymore.