Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What the Fu*!....is that...? Okay Jeff what ever you do.....don't geek out!!


Ya know sometimes the fates shine on you and you get a brief moment in time that let's you know that you are not alone in this big bad wonderful world of entertainment. just 40 min. ago I was walking towards my bike on 4th street in Berkeley and I ran into the man that has re-invented science fiction; Mr. Ronald D. Moore. It was a very brief 5 maybe 10 seconds, but all in all I just gave him dap on the show (Battlestar Galactica for those of you who don't know) and wished him well. But to make this blog entry worth writing I will share the subtext of my greeting to him:

Jeff: (trying not to freak out) "Mr. Moore (my last name is Moore)
I love your show (whimper whimper) I made a video for your contest (whimper, whimper)
I listened to all your podcasts (sniff sniff) I just wanted to let you know that I think you're great...
I love you man!!

add a few more sniffling remarks and I think you will get the picture :)

But seriously, folks as an actor/filmmaker I have seen each season at least twice listened to each podcast and studied this show on how it is able to tell a story without giving too much exposition and not falling into a lot of traps that some shows fall into. And that is one of the reasons why I admire the cast and crew.

Anyhoo. Ron if you come across this site, I wish you well and I hope you, as well as all of your fellow writers out there, come up with a swift and fair solution to bring an end to this strike. We can't wait to see the ending of such a great series. Peace.

1 comment:

Sheldon said...

Hey Jeff, that is so cool man. I mean I will see a couple of actors or NZ directors around Wellington from time to time, and can never bring myself to say hi and give my support.
But it's pretty cool that you are in the town where you can just at some point bump into someone like Ron Moore. (geeky shaking of excitment LOL)

Also thanks for the link to barrier on the blog.