Saturday, October 27, 2007

Flash!!!! Ahhh Ahhhh Worst show on television. Pt 2

And now the much anticipated well worth the wait second part of my rant about the worst science fiction show on the sci-fi channel to date. Flash Gordon basic elements that make a good story. One is basically caring for the characters. none of them are really developed enough for anyone to care about them and secondly aren't developed enough to really be interesting. I mean what's a hawkman without wings? I am curious to know the numbers on how many people are watching this but I would imagine that it's pretty low (even with the battlestar galactica mini episodes stuffed in between). I could go on and on but the list is long and my wife and I are planning to see "The Darjeeling Limited" so I must conclude by saying don't cheat an audience by cutting corners and over-modernizing something. Part of what makes Flash Gordon a good story in this case is the villian and the other supporting characters and the environment that they all live in, and none of that is prevelent in this version. please put this show out of its misery and cancel it.

Next up: A discussion on bringing superheros of color into the mainstream.

No comments: